Are you a team player who is motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and looking to join a team in a growing and successful roofing trades business? Do you pride yourself on quality workmanship and customer service and want to play a key role in taking the business to the next level? If so, read on!
To be successful in the role, you will be required to grow your ability in the following key criteria throughout the journey of your apprenticeship with AFM Roofing:
- The ability to be safety focused with a “Stop – Think – Plan” attitude, strong understanding of current legislation, best practice.
- A willingness to hold fellow workers sub-contractors accountable for their Safety and be able to construct day to day SWMS.
- Excellent people skills and ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Very strong accountability skills to ensure team performance and standards are upheld at all times.
- Highly organised and driven and is consistently reliable.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills being solutions-focused with a common-sense approach.
- Confident communicator and ability to effectively liaise with supervisors and team members.
- Proven experience to follow systems and processes and contribute to their improvement.
- This position will report to the onsite Supervisor/Tradesmen and is required to complete the day to day tasks set by the Supervisor/Tradesmen of allocated projects ensuring work is
- completed to the right standards and quality expected while maintaining productivity.
- Join the team and openly demonstrate and embrace the company culture in all actions, behaviours, and communication internally and externally.
- Motivate, support, and work collaboratively with other team members.
- Monitor the works at hand and raise any concerns with supervisor.
- Work with the supervisor to ensure safety and productivity targets are fulfilled regularly.
- Maintain and develop working customer relationships to deliver outcomes in line with company objectives.
- Report to Supervisor on all site issues (quality, equipment condition, productivity and/or safety issues etc).
- Provide technical support and assist in developing the technical skillset of less senior team members.
- Ensuring that your individual hours are reported to supervisor at the end of each day.
- Call Supervisor before you leave every site each day.
- Being a key member in the growth and development of a growing player in the industry.
Minimum Technical Competencies
- Valid Victorian drivers’ licence or be able to get to site on time daily.
- Working with children clearance.
- Construction induction card (White Card).
- The successful applicant will be trained during the apprenticeship in the following:
- Cert IV Plumbing Apprenticeship.
- EWP / Scissor Lift Licence.
- Working at Heights.
- OHS Standards.
If this opportunity is for you and you would like to work as part of a friendly team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining clearly why you feel you are the most suitable candidate for this role, by specifically addressing the key criteria above.
Previous applicants need not apply.